Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Multi-user functions in PhpWebGallery

#1 2009-01-30 17:30:49

kmc
2009-01-30

Multi-user functions in PhpWebGallery

Hello!

I am currently researching open source photo gallery software for a public library and I'm curious as to the multiple user functions of PhpWebGallery. I'm wondering if it is possible to have multiple administrators on this software or if there is a way to bypass the need for admin approval when users try to upload images to the gallery?

-K.

#2 2009-01-30 22:22:48

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Multi-user functions in PhpWebGallery

Welcome kmc (in the past, I've been working with public libraries because I've contributed to Koha).

At first read, I thought you wanted to have photo upload with no validation. This subject is discussed from time to time on the forum, and in the half dozen topics I've read to refresh my mind, there is no complete solution to this request.

But then I've read your post once again and I realize that you may be satisfied with multiple administrators. An administrator has access to the administration panel, so that he can "synchronize". To upload their photos, each of your administrator will need the FTP access to the gallery. It may be enough for your need.

With next version 2.0.0, comes pLoader a dedicated client for Piwigo (new name of PhpWebGallery). With pLoader, you can upload photos in any category. I think it's very near what you are looking for. I was not designed for multiple administrator, but can perfectly work this way. With current 1.7, FTP+sync is required.

#3 2009-01-30 22:47:25

kmc
2009-01-30

Thanks for the help!

I think that might work.

K.

#4 2009-02-02 23:30:47

kmc
2009-01-30

Hello!

I have another question for you and this might be a silly one, but I am wondering if the latest version of this software works on the Windows XP operating system?

K.

#5 2009-02-02 23:32:07

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

kmc wrote:

[...] I am wondering if the latest version of this software works on the Windows XP operating system?

Are you talking about Piwigo or pLoader? anyway, both of them work under Windows XP

•  » Requests
  •  » Multi-user functions in PhpWebGallery

Board footer