Announcement

#1 2009-06-17 22:49:14

sonreir
2009-05-03

Small sign displayed when new comments where made ??

Hi,

just a question...how can I add a small sign next to the "Comments" link in the main menu to show that new comments where made ?? I mean like with new pictures...in the main menu next to a picture category which has new pics there is shown a small "letter" or "exclamation mark". I am able to set the amount of days how long this small hint is being shown...to give users a fast look that there are new pictures being uploaded. And now i was trying to add this sign also when a new comment was made, so that people see that at once. Does anyone know how to solve this best?

Thx in advance :)

#2 2009-06-18 07:59:17

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Re: Small sign displayed when new comments where made ??

Hi ;

nice plugin idea...

To my opinion this doesn't exist yet. Something you can do is use plugin PWG Stuffs. Among other nice -- almost necessary, actually -- features, it allows you to add a "last comments" block before (would be strange) or after the block listing all the categories of your gallery. You can choose the number of comments, the size of comments blocks, the size of the commented pictures.

PWG Stuffs is indeed very useful anyway !

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

Board footer