Announcement

#1 2009-10-13 09:06:03

Dazzz
2009-10-13

Pre-Usage Questions

Hello,

I have been looking for a long time for a photo sharing application and so far Piwigo has me most intrigued.  I've looked and poked around in the forums and visited a few Piwigo sites and am pretty excited that I'm close to what I'm looking for. 

Here's what I'm looking for...

1)  Admin demo?

2)  Will Piwigo give me the ability to allow visitors to upload their own images after simple registration?

3)  Can I eliminate comments and ratings?

4)  Do I have full control over the html/css?

5)  Can Piwigo be html'd into a current website?

Thanks for your taking time to help me make sure Piwigo's right for our needs or not.

Dan

#2 2009-10-13 09:41:11

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Pre-Usage Questions

Thank you to read the forum rules

Dazzz wrote:

1)  Admin demo?

On opensourcecms.com site

Dazzz wrote:

2)  Will Piwigo give me the ability to allow visitors to upload their own images after simple registration?

3)  Can I eliminate comments and ratings?

4)  Do I have full control over the html/css?

5)  Can Piwigo be html'd into a current website?

Yes

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2009-10-13 10:11:53

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Just on question 5, I will say "It could for advanced webmasters".
If you accept to use iframes, it is very easy to do it.

If you want a complete integration with one logon id, with a mixed tag list, with a search integration for examples then you have to code a bit more yourself.

In all cases, it takes less than 10 minutes to install and read instructions in admin.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#4 2009-10-13 18:05:18

Dazzz
2009-10-13

Hi Again...

Thank you so much for your replies.  Another quick question...

I saw in the admin demo that all images need to be approved by the admin prior to being posted.  Is there a way to override this to allow images to be automatically posted (yet with the admin's or user's ability to move or delete?).

#5 2009-10-13 18:12:59

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Dazzz wrote:

I saw in the admin demo that all images need to be approved by the admin prior to being posted.  Is there a way to override this to allow images to be automatically posted (yet with the admin's or user's ability to move or delete?).

No and not available currently.
You need a plugin.
You can do you own, or ask for (but wait till someone wants to code it).
It won't be in native because it is too specific.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#6 2009-10-14 01:09:27

Dazzz
2009-10-13

Thanks again VD - having this feature seems like it could be a cool thing for others.  I'm trying to create really something along the lines of a social network lite.  I really only want visitors to share pictures and small bits of information.  I really don't want a full blown social networking site - something between facebook and a picture gallery.  Is Piwigo the way to go?

#7 2009-10-14 08:12:37

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

I am convinced it is.

8-)

Board footer