Announcement

#1 2012-07-28 11:30:18

freanki
2012-07-28

Problem with dot in IPTC Metadata

I've been using Tags for all my pictures and I sync them within piwigo.
All Keywords with a dot are producing an error while syncing them.

It's because . is interpreted to separate the keyword (actually it's converted to , in /admin/include/functions_metadata.php).

Changing the line

$iptc['keywords'] = preg_replace('/[.;]/', ',', $iptc['keywords']);

to

$iptc['keywords'] = preg_replace('/[;]/', ',', $iptc['keywords']);

made it possible to import the metadata (Problem was, keyword1 = Geburtstag and keyword2 = 30. Geburtstag, so there has been Geburtstag two times on one picture which let to an sql-error).

Can you fix this or is there really any camera that separates IPTC-Keywords with .?

Thanks in advance

#2 2012-07-28 12:50:04

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

Re: Problem with dot in IPTC Metadata

I saw this too, but forgot to report it.  I have keywords such as "St. Kitts", "Ft. Lauderdale", etc which got broken up into "St", "Kitts", "Ft", "Lauderdale".  This clearly is wrong.  I thought that the separator character is ";".

-- Geoff

#3 2012-07-28 14:10:17

freanki
2012-07-28

You're right that the separator character is ";". To be sure some other characters are converted to ;. Since I don't know why I guess there are some programs that use . or + as sepeators.

When you change the code like I wrote it will work.

#4 2012-07-30 00:08:30

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

freanki wrote:

Since I don't know why I guess there are some programs that use . or + as sepeators.

Exactly. I'm using IMatch who does so, but maybe others also use dot as a separator for hierarchical keywords ...

#5 2012-07-30 00:48:31

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

rvelices wrote:

freanki wrote:

Since I don't know why I guess there are some programs that use . or + as sepeators.

Exactly. I'm using IMatch who does so, but maybe others also use dot as a separator for hierarchical keywords ...

Then this had better be settable.  I'll go with Photoshop's standard of ";", but as it's been pointed out, other's use different separators.  However, you can only use 1 separator otherwise you end up with problems like I have where it separated keywords into fragments.

-- Geoff

Board footer