Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Slim Theme - Keeps duplicating albums

#1 2012-11-02 22:30:47

Darryl
2010-04-27

Slim Theme - Keeps duplicating albums

I'm trying out the Slim theme on a newly installed version of Piwigo 2.4.5. When loading the page, it lists the albums horizontally (I only have 2 albums) and it tried to refresh(?) by sliding slightly to the left. Each time it does this, it re-lists the 2 albums over and over again so that it now has 4 albums, then 6 albums, then 8 albums and so on.

However, it is always the same two albums, just listed multiple times.

It does this with both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I'll mention also (since it is likely related) that the same thing happens with the Slimi theme. However the Slimi theme also has a separate issue where it says there is something wrong on line 14 of slimi.php.

Anyone have any idea why the albums would duplicate like this?

PS. If it matters, 1 of the albums was created using the Admin page and the picture inside it was uploaded this same way. The other album was created using the Lightroom plugin and the two pictures inside it were uploaded using the same plugin.

If no one else is able to reproduce this, I'll gladly post the URL, but I have a feeling it will be reproducible.

Thanks,

Darryl

#2 2012-11-03 13:55:02

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Slim Theme - Keeps duplicating albums

I notify the author

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2012-11-03 19:52:13

Miklfe
1970-01-01

I have juste post a new version here http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=643. I changed the carousel but the best is made with more than two albums.
I changed the bug on configuration page.
See demo on piwitheme.fr

Last edited by Miklfe (2012-11-04 00:46:02)

piwitheme.fr Piwigo theme

#4 2012-11-05 21:20:48

Darryl
2010-04-27

Thanks guys.

So are you saying that unless there are more than 2 albums, this will continue to happen? If so, what is the minimum number of albums required to make it not happen?

I just deleted it and downloaded it again from your page, then used FTP to upload it to my server and it seems to still be doing it.

My concern is that if I have nested albums, and there aren't enough nested albums, then this will happen with each one.

Is this because it is simply cycling through all the albums, then starting over again? But since there are only two, it just looks like duplicates?
If so, is there any way to make it not scroll if there are not enough albums to require it to scroll?

Thanks,

Darryl

#5 2012-11-05 21:34:55

Darryl
2010-04-27

Also, the configuration page doesn't make sense to me.

There are two sliders, that each have 3 settings.

Slider 1 (Slim XL) - Can be set to the far left (no grey) or in the middle (left side grey, right side white) or on the right (all grey). What do each of these settings do?

Also, you cannot go from "no grey" to "half grey" to "all grey". If you are on "half grey", you must first go to "no grey" and then to "all grey"

Slider 2 (Grey) - Same as above. What do they do? Can't go from "half grey" to "all grey".

And when you set it to "half grey" and load the main page with that theme, it gives an error:

Notice: Undefined variable: repeat in /home/*****/public_html/url.com/stage/themes/Slim/Slim.php on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*****/public_html/url.com/stage/themes/Slim/Slim.php:15) in /home/*****/public_html/url.com/stage/include/page_header.php on line 10

PS. I saw the Full_Background theme on your website. That is really nice too. Will that one ever be available for download?

Darryl

#6 2012-11-05 21:50:31

Miklfe
1970-01-01

Hello
In the new version (1.1.0) this bug is corrected. (with piwigo2.4.5)

Full_Background coming soon for download.

Last edited by Miklfe (2012-11-05 21:51:29)

#7 2012-11-06 22:17:50

Darryl
2010-04-27

Sorry, but I can't get that my theme to show the same as your screenshot. I have deleted my Slim theme, downloaded the 1.1.0 version directly from your website, extracted the .zip file and uploaded the Slim folder to the Themes directory on my Piwigo install using FTP.

When I go back in the Themes section of the Piwigo Administration Page and activate the Slim theme, clicking 'Configuration' looks and behaves exactly the same as the older version.

And the same issue with the carousel exists.

I tried doing these steps twice, with the same results.

Edit: I also have Piwigo 2.4.5 installed and the themeconfig.inc.php file shows the theme version as 1.1.0.

Last edited by Darryl (2012-11-06 22:18:51)

#8 2012-11-06 22:57:44

Miklfe
1970-01-01

i don't understand. I just do what you have done and everything is good for me. did you purge the template (tool / maintenance)?

#9 2012-11-07 21:31:40

Darryl
2010-04-27

Ok thanks. I don't know what it does, but I clicked the 'Purge the Template' link like you said and now my configuration page looks like yours.

However, the carousel still has the duplicates like originally reported.

#10 2012-11-08 23:04:58

Miklfe
1970-01-01

Hello
On the home page, the carousel is auto-rotating and loops, so the logical behavior of the theme, if there are 3 gallerys for example, is: gallery 1, gallery 2, gallery 3, then back gallery 1, gallery 2, gallery 3 .....

#11 2012-11-10 00:21:12

Darryl
2010-04-27

Ok so this makes sense that it is by design. However, not all galleries will have more than three photos/galleries within them.

For example, assume I have a gallery named 'Apples'. Inside that gallery, I have two other galleries named 'Green' and 'Red'. Within the "Green' gallery, I have 3 pictures of green apples. Within the 'Red' gallery, I have 14 pictures of red apples.

Would it not be possible to change the logic so that if there are less than 3 (or maybe 4) galleries/pictures in the carousel, that it not scroll?

Since they all fit on the screen, there is no requirement for it to scroll in this case.

Darryl

#12 2012-11-10 11:38:07

Miklfe
1970-01-01

Hello
it is a good ideas, I thought of too, I'm Full_Background finish and then I'll do that.

#13 2012-11-15 03:36:06

zazzo55
1970-01-01

Mikife.. first i want to than all those assciated with PIWIGO... they work hard and seldom here the good parts.. and often the bad... having said that.. this is the bad... i installed slim tonight and it's a disaster. not only do the images not load completely but i've lost the ability to access a menu.. no administrative priviages.. can't access any of the admins background tweaks.. i'm stuck with the same dozen or so images that continue to scroll.. i'm running osx10.7.5... i've tried osx snow leopard... browsers i've tried were chrome, safari and firefly... then switched to windows xp and IE.. all to no avail.. i'm stuck here partner.. do you have any ideas cause i sure would like to hear them..

thanks..

•  » Themes
  •  » Slim Theme - Keeps duplicating albums

Board footer