Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Uploading by visitors using Mobile Devices

#1 2013-06-22 04:30:31

Janie
2013-02-28

Uploading by visitors using Mobile Devices

Hello -

This is a shot in the dark, since it is probably too complicated for me, but on the off chance it isn't, here goes.  I have both the Smart Pocket for Mobile and the Mobile Theme for Tablets activated.

I want to let visitors to easily upload photos to only one category from their cell phones.  Visitors uploading from a computer is fine, but attempting it from a -//:---\spam or a tablet is quite a challenge, and probably too much hassle for a visitor to attempt.

The mobile theme, which I have installed works great in general, but not for adding photos.  I've tried both with Android, iPhone, and iPad.  In all cases, when landing on index.php?/add_photos it a black screen with the header and footer.  Clicking the mobile menu gives two options: "Identification" and "Login"  Since I have the album setup for anyone to upload, this is not necessary, and prevents visitors from uploading.  Selecting the Desktop option, as expected brings up the desktop version of the upload page.  With the sidebar covering part of the upload form.

What I'd like to make happen is when a user comes to index.php?add_photos that it would go straight to the desktop theme rather than mobile, that the sidebar would not appear at all, and since I only intend to do this one album at a time,  the "Select an Album" option would not appear at all, and instead, the one album I've chosen for visitor uploads would be automatically chosen.

Now I realize this is asking a lot from an open source forum, so if somebody could just tell me what files I should alter so when the page is accessed via a mobile device:

1. Go straight to the desktop theme for the upload page.
2. Lose the dropdown choice from the screen, and instead automatically choose the only album that allows visitor uploads.
3. Not display the sidebar.

In short, make it quick, easy, and obvious for first-time visitors using a -//:---\spam for upload photos.

If this is too complicated for a few tweaks, then I apologize for wasting your time.

#2 2013-06-22 12:59:59

Janie
2013-02-28

Re: Uploading by visitors using Mobile Devices

In rereading this post this morning, it seems way to complex for an easy fix.

Let me try a simpler qusetion:

Is there a way to adjust only the add_photo file so:

1.  It ignores the mobile theme and always uses the normal theme.

2.  Since there would only be one album a a time that visitors could upload to, is there a way to not show the dropdown and just automatically use that one album?

Maybe like the pwstuffs extension would be involved, especially the part about removing the sidebar?

I wish I knew how to code...

#3 2013-06-29 12:05:12

Janie
2013-02-28

Re: Uploading by visitors using Mobile Devices

Hello guys -

I'm getting somewhere with this.  Since I am not an accomplished coder, this is an awful way to accomplish this, but at least it works as far as I've gotten it.

I made a copy of index.php, and then removed these lines

Code:

// include menubar
include( PHPWG_ROOT_PATH.'include/menubar.inc.php');

if ( isset($page['category']['count_categories']) and $page['category']['count_categories']==0 )
{// count_categories might be computed by menubar - if the case unassign flat link if no sub albums
  $template->clear_assign('U_MODE_FLAT');
}

and then removed

Code:

include(PHPWG_ROOT_PATH.'include/page_header.php');

Now, by going to newindex.php?/add_photos it goes to a nice clean upload form.

Is there a way to create a URL with the appropriate variables so it will automatically choose which album to upload to so the dropdown can be commented out as well?

•  » Extensions
  •  » Uploading by visitors using Mobile Devices

Board footer