Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Evil Blog: link disappearing & issues with Language Switch

#1 2013-08-10 19:59:10

Ann
NC, USA
2013-08-10

Evil Blog: link disappearing & issues with Language Switch

I have installed the Evil_Blog plugin and it seems like a neat addition to add a news feature to your gallery. I've noticed two things though:

1) There is a convenient "News" link to the blog showing under the Menu. However, when I click on any of the other links in there (e.g. Search, Tags, About etc), the News link disappears from the Menu list. Is there a way to keep the link from disappearing? It does not happen when I click on any if the links in the Special menu.

2) I have configured the Evil_Blog plugin so that it won't show on the main page (unchecked the "show on main page" box). This seems to work fine, until I use the Language Switch plugin. If I change the language on either the Home page or Calendar page using the Language Switch plugin, this will cause the blog to show on top of the page again until I navigate away from that page.

All other pages that I've found where I can change the language using Language Switch don't do that, just the Home and Calendar pages. It also does not happen when I use the "Customize" menu to change the language. I found that I can get the blog to stay off those pages while switching languages when I also uncheck the "show on category page" check box in the plugin configuration. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior, or a bug.

#2 2013-08-11 18:33:33

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Evil Blog: link disappearing & issues with Language Switch

Hello

author notified

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-08-11 19:57:45

Ann
NC, USA
2013-08-10

Thank you!

As a follow up, I've tried using the Language Switch Menubar plugin instead of Language Switch, and noticed no issues there when switching languages. So whatever the problem with the blog reappearing on the main page is, it seems to be specific to the combination of plugins Evil_Blog + Language Switch.

#4 2013-08-12 09:41:26

EvilKant
Russia
1970-01-01

Ann wrote:

1) There is a convenient "News" link to the blog showing under the Menu. However, when I click on any of the other links in there (e.g. Search, Tags, About etc), the News link disappears from the Menu list. Is there a way to keep the link from disappearing? It does not happen when I click on any if the links in the Special menu.

That is old bug, I know about him, but I don't know how to fix it.

Ann wrote:

2) I have configured the Evil_Blog plugin so that it won't show on the main page (unchecked the "show on main page" box). This seems to work fine, until I use the Language Switch plugin. If I change the language on either the Home page or Calendar page using the Language Switch plugin, this will cause the blog to show on top of the page again until I navigate away from that page.

I never test blog with Language Switch plugin. I can take the look, but I can't promise, becouse after I take second work in april, I don't have enough time for my project. This is the reason why I don't do new versions.

#5 2013-08-12 09:44:55

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

EvilKant wrote:

Ann wrote:

I didn't look at your code but you should see how it's done in Skeleton plugin, because it works fine :)

#6 2013-08-12 09:45:31

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

EvilKant wrote:

Ann wrote:

how did you add the menu? (code)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

•  » Extensions
  •  » Evil Blog: link disappearing & issues with Language Switch

Board footer