Announcement

#1 2013-11-21 12:30:08

david47

Limit login to specific users

Firstly, I admit to being a 'noobie' with limited knowledge of PHP.

I am trying out Piwigo for use on our club website [lincolncameraclub.co.uk], which I set up a few years ago and uses Coppermine (quick intake of breath by other members here). Club members have expressed annoyance as to the convoluted method of uploading their images and would like something along the lines of Clikpic[tm], because of its ease of use.

My criticism of Clikpic is that, with 80 club members, all (possibly) wishing to post their images, it can get expensive (per month) very quickly unless you limit club members to one or two images each (which is restrictive).

So, that is the background.

I have set up a local server(xampp) on my pc and loaded in Piwigo together with the Community plugin so users can upload images. I have also set users as 'trusted' so no admin work is required when they upload images.

I am now investigating how to 'lock down' the gallery so only club members can upload images.

A post (  switch off: Register and Quick Connect / 05-09-2007 ) looks useful, I can start by pre-registering all club members, set them up as users with access to their own areas only, with the option of removing their own images via another plugin(not activated yet).

Hopefully, this will give me a gallery system which will do what I want - limit access for club members only.

An alternative way might be to access the 'index page' allowing uploads via a password arrangement on the calling page - the general public would have access via another link only allowing viewing. But this is only at the thinking stage at the moment.

Have any other members on this forum been through this same exercise or have constructive comments I could follow ?

Apologies if this has been covered in depth before, but I have not found it here yet.

#2 2013-11-21 12:45:06

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Limit login to specific users

Hello
you can use [extension by plg] User Mass Register and the local config $conf['guest_access'] = false;, and close the registration

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer