Announcement

#1 2014-12-19 17:00:23

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Posting workflow...

Hi...so I'm not sure if this is a "workflow" question or if it is an engine / design question, but I'll ask anyway. I feel like there are extra steps in my workflow that shouldn't be there, but I don't know how to "fix it".

Let's say the scenario is that I have Xmas photos that I want to upload to my site.

1. CREATE ALBUM: I go to ALBUM / MANAGE, navigate to 2014, choose manage sub-albums, create a new album such as 12-25 Xmas photos, and when done, I am left in the MANAGE menu with choices of LIST / MOVE / PERMALINKS.

2. CREATE ALBUM DETAILS: I choose edit album from the MANAGE menu that I ended in after step 1, go to the PROPERTIES for the album, add any details like NAME (in case I made an error), Description, Parent Album, Lock or No Lock, set comments. I could also do Photo sort order, but there are no photos yet, set permissions, or do notifications.

3. ADD PHOTOS: I click on add photos, it takes me to the upload WEB FORM screen. I upload the images, when it finishes, I have the formal option of managing that set of two photos or adding another set (or playing with applications or FTP). I also have an informal option (if I click on the folder name above where it says how many photos are in that folder i.e. 12-25 Xmas day now has 4 photos in it) where I can go back to the ALBUM DETAILS page.

Here's where the workflow seems to break down for me as I seem to have three more steps to do:

a. ADD VIDEOS: I go to embedded videos and add my videos one by one.
b. EDIT PHOTO DETAILS: I go to PHOTO manager and add details, descriptions, etc.
c. ALBUM MANAGER: I go to the album details and rearrange photo order.

Separate from the fact that I end up with the virtual structure created by Piwigo as default, I feel like a lot of those steps should be better grouped somehow in my workflow, but I can't seem to figure out any way to get it below six steps -- ADD ALBUM, EDIT ALBUM DETAILS, ADD PHOTOS, ADD VIDEOS, EDIT PHOTO / VIDEO DETAILS, REARRANGE PHOTO ORDER. I also have to proof the outcome and post links elsewhere, but those will never change.

Anyone have any better ideas? Any chance that there's a plugin that would combine steps 1-3 in a single screen?

Thanks for any advice in advance...

Paul
aka PolyWogg
http://www.polywogg.ca/photos/

Piwigo version

Piwigo 2.7.2

Environment

Operating system: Linux
        PHP: 5.3.13
        MySQL: 5.5.32-log
        Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.3.3

Database

1585 photos
        122 albums included 2 physical and 120 virtual (1526 associations)

Board footer