Announcement

#1 2015-02-16 17:33:42

Joshua Lawless

Total Noob. Few FTP and Synchronization Questions.

Hello, thanks in advance for any help.

So I'm completely new to web design. Making me new to FTP, new to style editing. Now I've been able to use the very easy features of wordpress and also piwigo for my webpage and literally I think everything looks pretty solid.

Now the last thing I'm trying to do is upload my media to my piwigo. I literally have over 100k photos.
pLoader failed me as it for some reason only uploaded 1/4 of all photots, th web uploader is a joke; there's so many pictures it doesn't even react when I try to use it.

So which leaves me to my main question. FTP. No offense, but the directions are NOT user friendly to a new person. So as far as I got was that I did upload all photos to my server, into the piwigo gallery directory. Now I understand that I need to synchronize. But when I do this, I get "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /home/lawlessj/public_html/dir/admin/site_reader_local.php on line 104"

What can I do to just get these photo's to show on Piwigo?! (Keep in mind im not advanced user)

Thank you thank you for help.

Piwigo version: 2.7.3
PHP version: (I don't know)
MySQL version: (I don't know)
Piwigo URL: WARNING 18+ https://www.amateurotica.com/dir

#2 2015-02-16 17:40:40

Joshua Lawless

Re: Total Noob. Few FTP and Synchronization Questions.

PHP: 5.2.17 [2015-02-16 08:32:17]
mySQL: 5.5.40-MariaDB-cll-lve [2015-02-16 08:32:17]

#3 2015-02-16 19:46:38

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Total Noob. Few FTP and Synchronization Questions.

Hello
indeed so many photos can't be so easily added, so the ftp then optionally the plugin Virtualize is a good solution
the "Allowed memory size" error means that you've got a small server and so you would have to need to go little by little ; start with folders then pics folders by folders. Usually you can also keep refreshing the page and send back info, when you got an error page from the server

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer