Announcement

#1 2015-09-29 06:25:23

reddn
DC, USA
2015-09-29

List of PHP Modules for a clean install of Piwig on FreeBSD (FreeNAS)

Seriously,  this looks to be the best open source photo manager I have found.  I have also wasted a crap load of time because someone doesn't feel it is necessary to list the php modules required.  If they are listed, sorry, but they are not easily found (I've used the search button, and google, and smoke signals).

Steps
  Made new Jail in FreeNAS UI

Get to a shell in the jail (I like to SSH into freenas then jexec into a shell {command 'jls' will show your jails, then 'jexec [jail number] /bin/tcsh')

This webpage shows how to setup PHP Nginx and MySql (NOTE: i installed 'nano' so i didnt have to use vi [pkg install nano]) >> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ … eebsd-10-1 (i used mariadb55-server instead of mysql56-server)

(another note: just copy and paste his nginx.conf file.. the new default nginx.conf file isn't compatible trying to just make the edits, unless you know what your doing... i dont)

After you finish that successfully, and you haven't killed yourself, lets continue

run 'pkg install ImageMagick php56-exif php56-hash php56-session php56-filter php56-json php56-gd'

goto the /usr/local/etc directory and run 'nano php.ini' , uncomment the date.timezone line and make it look like the following(no single qoutes) 'date.timezone = "America/New_York"'
(i do not know if this causes a failure on the install, but itshows over 100 entries on the error.log file)

create a blank database in mysql for piwigo

to install piwigo, i used the manual method ( i think you might need the zip php module to net install)

you need to change the owner of your piwigo directory to user 'www'. do this from the parent directory of your piwigo directory "chown www [yourpiwigo directory]"  ( I also gave everyone permissions for my piwigo folder, >> 'chmod -R 777 [piwigo directory]')

Even after all of this, and you will goto the directory on your computer, i used the directory 'photo'.  so it was [jail ip]/photo   that will give you a initial setup page. y ou will enter everything in there, and hit install (i can't remember what the button was) and the page will be blank.  then just goto to [jail ip]/photo again and it should work... if you did everything right

If anyone knows of any other PHP modules that I have not installed that I should, please let me know.  I might just install every module to cover all of my bases.

Good luck all

Maybe a nice person would put this into a FreeNAS plugin and earn some beers.

Thomas

MORE modules added>>>>

php56-zlib    - its needed to install downloaded plugins

Piwigo version:  2.7.4
PHP version: 5.6.13
MySQL version: 5.5.44-MariaDB
Piwigo URL: http://

edit to fix typos

Last edited by reddn (2015-09-29 18:37:13)

#2 2016-07-28 23:10:08

Nicklas

Re: List of PHP Modules for a clean install of Piwig on FreeBSD (FreeNAS)

Hi i followed your guide and got piwigo installed. But i cant seem to get the timezone issue resolved. Any ideas?
Nicklas

#3 2016-08-11 04:55:19

reddn
DC, USA
2015-09-29

I think i edited php.ini to fix it.

I found this in my php.ini near line 931

date.timezone = "America/New_York"

Unfortunately I did not take notes while I was making this thing work.

Let me know if there are any more questions.  Seems not too many people running Piwigo on FreeBSD (or freenas)

Last edited by reddn (2016-08-11 06:23:11)

#4 2016-08-11 04:56:49

reddn
DC, USA
2015-09-29

If you don't have the date.timezone set in your php.ini, add it and restart the php-fpm and nginx servers.

#5 2016-08-13 00:55:49

reddn
DC, USA
2015-09-29

just as a fyi, to restart those services. SSH into your freenas box, then run a shell in your jail.  HOWTO below

Figure out which jail you want to use by running the command 'jls'

you will see the a list of jails.  the left most number is the jid(jail id), then run 'jexec [jid] /bin/tcsh'

that will get you into the shell of the jail.  then run 'service nginx restart' and 'service php-fpm restart'

this is easier than using the webpage gui to get into the shell

Board footer