Announcement

#1 2015-11-11 08:01:45

David Muxo

Changing login to first and last name

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have read the documentation page regarding changing the login screen to first and last name. I understand what to do, but nowhere does it tell me where to find register.tpl and identification.tpl to make the changes to them. Where are they? I am assuming that I change them directly.

Piwigo version: most recent
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2015-11-11 11:38:28

tazattitude
2015-07-13

Re: Changing login to first and last name

Check in the /themes/default/template folder.

Be sure not to modify those files though.
I believe you can put the modified versions in the template-extension folder

#3 2015-11-13 17:49:56

David Muxo

I made copies of register.tpl and identification.tpl, made the suggested changes and uploaded them to the template-extension folder. I created a personal plugin (removing two close parentheses which were incorrect in the documentation) and saved it.

No changes appear to have been made. I have the same login screen as before. Has anyone else tried this and been successful? Maybe I am missing something. There is a comment about "merging" which I don't understand in the documentation.

Any further help would be appreciated.

#4 2015-11-13 18:05:48

David Muxo

I backed up the indentification.tpl and register.tpl in the themes/default/template folder, and copied the new versions into that folder. (I know, not supposed to do that). Now the changes appear on my login in screen, but not on the "Quick Connect". Still testing. Is there somewhere else besides the template-extension folder where the files should go?

#5 2015-11-13 19:13:01

David Muxo

Ok, I give up.

The firstname lastname change did change the screens for registation and login, however it did not change the side menu. The personal plugin change did not work.

I reversed all of my changes, only to find that the screens were still using the firstname lastname changes, even though the original copies of register.tpl and idenitification.tpl were in place, and no files were in the template-extension folder.

With a little bit of digging I found that there were "copies" of those files in a folder called "template_c" which were being used. I deleted them and new ones were created using the original files.

Now everything is back to normal, sadly without the firstname/lastname changes. I would still like to know of anyone ever got these to work.

#6 2015-11-14 21:54:44

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

You just had to change one more template file The menubar identification. I forgot that one because I used a theme which doesn't use it

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#7 2015-11-16 01:30:29

dnmuxo
2015-11-13

Thanks for the update. I will try again. But I still don't understand the "merge" reference in the documentation. I followed the change instructions for register.tpl and indentification.tpl, and added the new code from the documentation to the Personal Plugin. Was I also supposed to "merge" something?

#8 2015-11-16 19:09:16

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Maybe you can help me on that: I meant that, if you to want to make one page with both login and registration forms, you have to set get_ephemeral_key

the exact file is menubar_identification.tpl

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer