Announcement

#1 2016-05-14 05:25:51

Deborah Edward

Piwigo not loading images

Hi

Basically, Piwigo's not uploading. The files are around 8MB. I'm using the web form. When I click the Start Upload button, after it gets to about 7% of the upload, it goes to a page with the Web Form, Applications and FTP tabs and a tracking bar and it just doesn't move forward.

I'm using a Mac so I've downloaded the Mac plugin for iPhoto but that's not working, either. At least, once I go to Export, I can't see any Piwigo option.

Any thoughts, welcome.

Piwigo version: 2.8.0
PHP version: 5.6.20 (Show info) [2016-04-30 01:59:04]
MySQL version: 5.6.30 [2016-04-30 11:59:04]
Piwigo URL: http://deborahedwardphotographs.com

Thanks
Deborah

#2 2016-05-14 12:58:46

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Piwigo not loading images

Hello
is the picture registered or just nothing new happens afterward? is it a fresh install and if yes from which method?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2016-05-15 03:26:33

Deborah Edward

flop25 wrote:

Hello
is the picture registered or just nothing new happens afterward? is it a fresh install and if yes from which method?

Firstly, my apologies. I realised quite late last night that I'm running Piwigo 2.8.1 not 2.8.0.

Not sure what you mean by 'registered'. The pic is captured, I hit Start Upload, it begins to upload then, at about 7% of the upload, switches to the screen I described, then the process just hangs there.

I installed Piwigo about a month or so ago using the auto install method. I have uploaded a number of pics without any problem until yesterday. I've just tried again with the same result. It starts to upload, then just seems to stop. I've tried changing browsers, without any change.

My options seem to be to uninstall Piwigo and start again, if that's possible. Or, to try with the FTP client method. I had a go with that yesterday and uploaded a number of pics without a problem. So, it definitely seems to be Piwigo or that version of it. I just have to get the hang of using it and setting up sub-galleries (folders).

Thanks.
Deborah

#4 2016-05-15 14:15:57

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

So the only thing that changed was the update to 281?
First re upload all files by ftp by overwriting them

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2016-05-16 09:55:57

Deborah Edward

flop25 wrote:

So the only thing that changed was the update to 281?
First re upload all files by ftp by overwriting them

Hi. Thanks. Yes. I installed 280 and then, after uploading files and setting up galleries, hit the upgrade button for 281. I'm pretty sure I uploaded files after that.

The instructions for using FTP are to create an album on the desktop then copy it to the Gallery directory in the FTP server. So, not sure files doing it that way can be overwritten because the files that are on the server already are in a different location and their directories have numeric titles not descriptive ones. But, I think I take your point, I think. Basically, use FTP. It's so early in this process, it won't be a problem to actually delete the files that are there and start again with FTP. It would be nice to know what the glitch is with the web form but so long as there's another option available, it's not a necessity.

Thanks, again.

#6 2016-05-16 11:23:20

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

no no no you get me wrong
I asked you to upload the Piwigo files not the pictures etc There is no need to switch to ftp method [Forum, topic 23208] READ ME: getting an error after the update?

#7 2016-05-21 07:02:50

Deborah Edward

flop25 wrote:

I asked you to upload the Piwigo files not the pictures etc There is no need to switch to ftp method [Forum, topic 23208] READ ME: getting an error after the update?

Hi. Sorry. I don't understand what you mean by uploading the Piwigo files not the pics? Isn't a file a pic? I don't get an error message. I just get taken to a separate page where nothing happens. Looking at more recent posts in this forum, it seems that I'm not the only person to have experienced problems after uploading to 2.8.1. Is it at all possible to go back to 2.8.0?

Thanks.

#8 2016-05-21 07:06:27

Deborah Edward

Deborah Edward wrote:

flop25 wrote:

Hi. Sorry. I don't understand what you mean by uploading the Piwigo files not the pics? Isn't a file a pic? I don't get an error message. I just get taken to a separate page where nothing happens. Looking at more recent posts in this forum, it seems that I'm not the only person to have experienced problems after uploading to 2.8.1. Is it at all possible to go back to 2.8.0?

Thanks.

Hi. I've had a look at your link, now (I had looked through the docs and couldn't see anything relevant and thought the link was one of the files I'd already looked at). Like one of the other people posting, I've only uploaded by clicking the Upload button in the Administration section. I've no idea where to find the Piwigo 2.8.1. files on the server or which ones to upload and overwrite.

Thanks, again.

#9 2016-05-21 07:56:55

Deborah Edward

Deborah Edward wrote:

Deborah Edward wrote:

flop25 wrote:

Thanks.

Hi. I've had a look at your link, now (I had looked through the docs and couldn't see anything relevant and thought the link was one of the files I'd already looked at). Like one of the other people posting, I've only uploaded by clicking the Upload button in the Administration section. I've no idea where to find the Piwigo 2.8.1. files on the server or which ones to upload and overwrite.

Thanks, again.

Hi. OK. I've found the folder with the 2.8.0-2.8.1. files in the Upgrade thread and downloaded them. I think I can see where they need to go. However, partly because I'm having a lot of trouble with FileZilla and partly because I'm not at all confident uploading something like this via the cPanel File Manager, I'm really not sure how to resolve this problem other than, perhaps, uninstalling Piwigo and reinstalling it?

Thank you.

#10 2016-05-22 04:12:47

Deborah Edward

Great news! Piwigo's uploading.

Thank you! to whoever was able to sort out the problem.

Board footer