Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Display Thumbnails like in OneDrive Layout?

#1 2016-10-25 10:03:06

Protheus

Display Thumbnails like in OneDrive Layout?

Hello,

im interested in selfhosting my Photos. I would like to have them mainly only for me and my family, but in some rare situations, i would like to share some photos to others. In search for a Gallery which i could install on my own host, i have found Piwigo and would it give it a try. However, first i have some question:

I like it, how Albums or Gallery's are on OneDrive in Terms of Layout and most of the Functions. Is it possible to have a nearby same Layout of the Thumbnails in Piwigo, like them on OneDrive?

Can i extract automatically Exif Informations, like Geo Coordinates, Camera and more?

Can i automatically import old Photos from OneDrive or Dropbox?

#2 2016-10-25 10:11:25

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Display Thumbnails like in OneDrive Layout?

Hi Protheus,

Why don't you show us a screenshot of how "OneDrive" displays thumbnails? :-)

#3 2016-10-25 13:27:29

Protheus
2016-10-25

Here is a Screenshot of the Thumbnails in OneDrive without the images, because they are loading in the Background. The grey areas are filled with the thumbnails after they are loaded. I don't know, if there is a professional name for such a layout.

hmm cant upload the picture :-(

https://xqwzqa.bl3302.livefilestore.com/y3mgze0Bh0dPDPAL7x6aJ9nA1NVOCZmc6iRQr0EYBC3NoWESDKmOjavcRdRznasjQkCe0Xu5mUuuUHsNS1P2uBeiHYZO7uuEyP_0RLTM7IfBl8lHw_-cuKR60WJwmrjxIMrYZvM-WkApXW8kNuvYeW2G79-06Wqxi_oZ3dfBsFko2w/screens_019.jpg?psid=1

img tag works, upload not... but i should only give you my idea

One thing, i forgot before: I make most of my Photos with my Smartphone. At night, when i load the Battery of the Phone, a some small Jobs run and make Backups of some files via SSH/SCP to my Server via WLAN. Is it possible to "rescan" or "reindex" such a Upload Folder on my Server, so that newly uploaded pictures and/or changed pictures are added/updated in Piwigo to? Maybe a small Cronjob ore something similar? I don't know if Piwigo could work this way.

Last edited by Protheus (2016-10-25 13:51:48)

#4 2016-10-25 14:07:21

Protheus
2016-10-25

I have found the Demo Page where i could switch the Themes! If i see this correct, the theme "modus" is the thing i searched for. If this is the case. this questions is solved. Is it possible to have more than 24 Thumbnails on one page or can i setup the thumbnail count somewhere?

#5 2016-10-26 08:40:38

Protheus
2016-10-25

OK, i have done a Installation on Raspberry Pi. I have made a Symlink to the HDD on the PI, where my Images are and synced it. Now i have most of the Pictures automatically in the correct Albums. Some of them must i correct by hand, since they are not imported, because pathnames have white space or other signs in it. But thats no problem.

I have made the Sync via a Button in the Admin GUI. But i wonder if there is a way to call the Sync mechanism via a nightly Cronjob. Do you have any adive for me, how i could do this? I have read something about a piwigo_remote.pl, but i dont know where i could find this perl Script in my Standard Installation. It would be great, if there could be a small tutorial, how to use this for a Cronjob. WOuld be great, if this Job could send me a small Mail, if there was a Issue with the Job (Wrong Pathname or such things).

•  » Themes
  •  » Display Thumbnails like in OneDrive Layout?

Board footer