Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Bootstrap Darkroom - only use mobile version

#1 2018-03-30 09:17:04

reandy
2018-03-30

Bootstrap Darkroom - only use mobile version

Hi to everyone,

I am new to  the forum but I am using piwigo for half a year now and I am quite happy with it. The reason why I need your help now is, I searched the forum already, that I want to know how to only use the mobile part of the Bootstrap Darkroom theme.

On desktop I am using the elegant theme and on mobile devices I would like to use Bootstrap Darkroom. Is this possible?

regards
reandy

#2 2018-03-30 18:28:32

teekay
2013-06-12

Re: Bootstrap Darkroom - only use mobile version

Hi reandy,

there is no “mobile part” in the theme. It’s the same as on the desktop.
I’m not aware of a simple way to force change themes on mobile only.

#3 2018-03-30 18:36:52

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

It's been a while so I can't remember exactly, but you used to be able to specify a different theme for desktop vs. mobile (like the old SmartPocket theme). You'd probably have to customize (or make a child theme?) of Bootstrap Darkroom to make Piwigo think it's for mobile only. Then you should be able to keep the Elegant theme for your desktop users and Bootstrap Darkroom for mobile.

#4 2018-03-30 19:27:52

reandy
2018-03-30

Thanks for your answers so far!

The thing is, I already got it working with Bootstrap default theme. I simply added  " 'mobile' => true, " to the themeconf.inc.php like it is in the SmartPocket theme and got only the "mobile" part. What I also found out is that Bootstrap Darkroom references to the default theme. This may have an influence because when I add the string above to the themeconf.inc.php in the Bootstrap theme it does not work.

I think it should work somehow, the question is how. ;-)

reandy

#5 2020-06-03 20:25:04

kc27
2014-02-25

Did you ever get this working? The solution you outlined seems to work for me. Specifically, I edited the Bootstrap Darkroom theme's themeconf.inc.php file, adding  'mobile' => true, to the themeconf array as shown below. Once I did that, Bootstrap Darkroom appeared in the Piwigo > Administration > Configuration Themes with the (mobile) label in italics. I am using elegant as the default theme for desktops, and Bootstrap Darkroom as the mobile theme. I like Smart Pocket for mobile, I just wanted pinch to zoom functionality the Bootstrap Darkroom's mobile theme offers. I found most people seem to intuitively pinch the screen to zoom , vs double tapping to zoom as in the Smart Pocket theme.

$themeconf = array(
    'mobile' => true,
    'name' => 'bootstrap_darkroom',
    'parent' => 'default',
    'load_parent_css' => false,
    'load_parent_local_head' => true,
    'local_head' => 'local_head.tpl',
    'url' => 'https://kuther.net/'
);

Last edited by kc27 (2020-06-04 13:36:56)

•  » Themes
  •  » Bootstrap Darkroom - only use mobile version

Board footer