Announcement

#1 2019-08-06 04:52:54

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Piwigo IOS app - Connection error/invalid thumbnail size

Hi, Running latest version of Piwigo on my hosted server, installed with Softaculous, not very complicated install. Everything works with Bootstrap Dark theme.

I can log in, I can post, I can share on the web, all good. I have an Android tablet with the app installed, all good.

However, I also have the iOS version of the app installed on my iPhone, and when I go to log in, it completes, and then says:

"Connection error. Invalid thumbnail_size (https://www.Polywogg.ca/pandafamily/ws. … es.getList)"

Only option is to dismiss and it won't let me see the albums. However, if I search for something in the box, it works just fine. I can find images, I can view them, I can play videos. Just can't browse albums normally.

As I said, works on everything else just fine. But my tablet is 9.7" so it might not be registering as a "mobile" layout, might be full. So maybe this is just because the iOS view is clearly mobile?

FYI, I have my image sizes set to square (120), thumbnail (144), and large for the website; in my app, I tell it to use thumbnail (144) but have also tried square but no difference.

Anyone have any ideas?

Paul

#2 2019-08-13 00:11:43

cryopad
Piwigo Team
Grenoble, France
2015-11-01

Re: Piwigo IOS app - Connection error/invalid thumbnail size

Hi Paul,

The thumbnail size which you can change in the iOS app is the one of the photos, not of albums. I realise that this may be unclear and I will modify the Preferences section.

The iOS app returns an error because it requests a Medium size image which seems not to be available on your server. Can you please check?

All the best,
Eddy

NB: The Medium size, which is normally always available, as the Square and Thumbnail sizes, is required to get a good quality on both iPhones and iPads.

If you enjoy Piwigo for iOS…
➤ We would appreciate an AppStore review.
➤ Comments, suggestions ? Tell us on GitHub…
➤ Not yet available in your language ? Help us translate it…

#3 2019-08-13 00:24:17

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Ah, lack of medium explains it. I ditched the other sizes as everyone one creates a node on my server, and since I mainly use web, I didn't want an extra size sitting there. I have a limit of 200K notes on my virtual server, and every size adds 15K nodes with my present size.

Hmm...although, interestingly, my tablet doesn't have that problem. Is there a way to "override" the default?

Paul

#4 2019-08-13 00:37:46

cryopad
Piwigo Team
Grenoble, France
2015-11-01

You could redirect requests of "*-me.jpg" files to "*-th.jpg" but I guess this won't be very reliable because images are not necessarily in JPEG format, etc.

So Paul, I'm going to add the option to select the size of album thumbnails in the iOS app, as I did for images.
This will be available in the next release ;-)

Cheers,
Eddy

PS: [Github] Piwigo-Mobile issue #328

Last edited by cryopad (2019-08-13 00:41:59)

#5 2019-08-13 03:06:41

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Great, thanks. :) I assume in the meantime that if I was doing it on an iPad, rather than a phone, it would look like my Android tablet result and go for large...

P.

#6 2019-08-14 19:10:11

cryopad
Piwigo Team
Grenoble, France
2015-11-01

Hi Paul,

Because your server reports that the Medium size is available, it cannot determine that images of that size are in reality unavailable. So you will have to select the size you wish in Preferences and refresh (pull down) the album list to solve the issue.

Cheers,
Eddy

Board footer