Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Modus not modding friendly

#1 2019-10-30 17:42:21

Djelle
2019-10-09

Modus not modding friendly

I really like Modus as the new default theme. It has a lot of improved features over the old Default.

I made my own theme based on Default. And now I wanted to remake it with Modus as base. But that turned out to be very hard. Well, I have given up at this point.

What I tried was the normal way of making a themeconf.inc.php (copy of modus's) starting with:
$themeconf = array(
  'name'          => 'MyTheme',
  'parent'        => 'modus'
;
This seams not to work in any way. And I assume this feature should be working for Modus, for the same reasons it was implemented in the old Default.

Then I tried to make a full copy of Modus with a new name. Because Modus has some hardcoded url's and variables, I have to change/rename those to something new. Or else, if I configure MyTheme in administration, I also change config for Modus. And vice versa. Though I have a good understanding of scripting, my knowledge apparently failed me, as this didn't work. I got MyTheme to have it's own config settings. But Piwigo failed to activate the theme for my user. Probably because it encountered some (to me) unknown error. This most likely failed only because of my own lack of coding skills.

The last option would be to simply add a new skin for Modus theme. I didn't try this, as I cannot change all I want to change in just the css file. Also, I don't see how a person can make their own Modus-skin and share it on Piwigo.org. As the skin has to be in the modus/skins/ folder, and it cannot be in a different folder.

So to sum up: I love the new Modus. But I feel it needs some work to fit as a new default theme.

Or maybe I am just doing something wrong and too frustrated to see it ;)

Keep up the good work and have a happy day :)
/Djelle

#2 2019-11-13 15:37:11

Djelle
2019-10-09

Re: Modus not modding friendly

Seems like many of the problems I have with Modus, is because there is something wrong with my Piwigo install. So for now, just ignore this.

/Djelle

•  » Themes
  •  » Modus not modding friendly

Board footer