Announcement

#106 2021-04-03 13:00:48

piwent
2020-10-24

Re: [Plugin] Charlies content

Thanks. As long as the download link works, that's all I need. I'm using my gallery as a media repository for a large group of volunteers who produce content for our org. I recognize that I'm pushing the boundaries of Piwigo.

So, I'm actually able to get the result that I want for wav files when Charlie's Content is not installed. Is there any way to keep your plugin from getting involved with wav files all together? Because that seems to be the issue. To be clear, I'm not expecting the wav to play in the browser, I just don't want it crashing when it tries to display them :-)

#107 2021-04-03 17:10:34

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

Well.. I just noticed that Firefox html5 is now able to play natively wav audio. I will have to add this as tpl, when time permits

thanks
jdd

#108 2021-04-04 18:17:17

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

I just noticed thanks to this thread than I worked on *video* parts, but not on *audio* part.

right now I tested successfully the use of html5 audio for wav files. One do not need anymore the "music" tpl file, but keeping it should not harm.

if you want to test it, the link to my test file is here:

http://dodin.org/piwigo/picture.php?/15 … egory/7456

you only have to unpack the two files found here:

https://dodin.fr.cr/nextcloud/s/EzBwH2Xn57zCLak

and copy them in the "Charlies" folder of your piwigo install. There are only two files (main.inc.php and charlies_html5wav.tpl), not the full charlie's install, still needed.

works for me with Firefox and Chrome (Linux), Firefox and Edge (Windows 10).

Anyway I have to work again on charlie's (remove flash, too unsecure, and add more html5 audio), but no EOT available :-(

thanks reading and using Charlie's contents

jdd

#109 2021-04-22 03:23:28

Elliot
2020-12-09

I cannot get the thumbnail to display for a mp4 video. The album that I manually created in the gallery directory correctly shows up after I did the sync. I uploaded a jpg using the same basename under pwg_representative. I do uncheck the simulation box and the metadata box in the sync window. The gallery appears empty, but if I go into the album editor, it says there is a photo there.

When I go in to the edit photo screen, the link to the thumbnail is broken. If I press the eye icon to view the video, it takes me to the album and it plays the video! Theoretically, if I provide a hard link to to video, I can have people view it. But if I leave and then return to the gallery, it appears empty again.

I'm using Piwigo 11.4.0, and the most recent Charlie. I actually was able to play the video without Charlie, but now with Charlie, I think the video looks better. I'm using the Bootstrap Darkroom theme. What can I try?
Thanks.

#110 2021-04-22 05:26:29

Katryne
2016-12-03

Hello !
I am not able anymore to get thumbnails for files which are not images. It's what I do for my numerous pdf.
I installed the extension Photo Update : [extension by plg] Photo Update.
I make the thumbnail and store it on my computer. Then I upload the pdf to the Piwigo site. No thumbnail is displayed.  When editing the item, I go to the Update tab. There I can choose between uploading a new version of the file or uploading a thumbnail. I notch "Thumbnail" (or maybe it says "representative" in English), then choose the correct thumbnail file on my computer and upload it.
This has to be done one file at a time.

http://photos.katrynou.fr/ v.14.1.0 https://album.chauvigne.info/ v.13.8.0
Système d'exploitation: Linux - Hébergeur 1&1-Ionos PHP: 8.0.28 - MySQL: 5.7.38
Bibliothèque graphique: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-23

#111 2021-04-22 18:01:25

Elliot
2020-12-09

Katryne wrote:

Hello !
There I can choose between uploading a new version of the file or uploading a thumbnail. I notch "Thumbnail" (or maybe it says "representative" in English), then choose the correct thumbnail file on my computer and upload it.
This has to be done one file at a time.

Thanks for the response. I installed this extension and see this tab. But I do not see a choice between uploading a new version of the file or uploading a thumbnail. I only see a button for uploading a new version of the file.

Somehow, I was able to associate an mp4 file with a jpg thumbnail. But now I can't change it. If I delete the mp4 and then reload it, that same jpg is associated with it. I can't change it. Also, that mp4 will not play anymore. But the same mp4 plays correctly in another album, which does not have a jpg association.

Are you using a virtual album or a physical album?

I do not have videojs installed.

Thanks.

#112 2021-04-22 19:31:29

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

Hello,

If the thumbnail don't works, chance is that it's not placed in the good place. A way to solve the problem is to upload a photo in the same folder as the video, and search to see where the photo thumnail is created.

if you can play videos without Charlie's, you have probably also an other plugin, I don't know how several plugin interact...

That said I *always* upload my files with ftp/sftp/fish, never with Piwigo, so I can't really know what happen then.

jdd

#113 2021-04-22 19:35:40

Katryne
2016-12-03

I have only virtual albums and all my files are uploaded via Piwigo web interface.

http://photos.katrynou.fr/ v.14.1.0 https://album.chauvigne.info/ v.13.8.0
Système d'exploitation: Linux - Hébergeur 1&1-Ionos PHP: 8.0.28 - MySQL: 5.7.38
Bibliothèque graphique: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-23

#114 2021-04-22 19:43:08

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

well, with virtual albums it's a bit more complicated to find where are the thumnails loaded :-(

jdd

Board footer