Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Seeking a developer to embed Piwigo gallery into website

#1 2021-05-06 15:32:46

stevebni
2021-05-03

Seeking a developer to embed Piwigo gallery into website

Over the last few days I have been testing Piwigo and have come away impressed. Everyting inside Piwigo is perfect for mine and my clients needs (I'm a make and maintain websites.

I'd now like to look at a way to embed the whole thing into a webpage on a webpage. A bit like you would if using an iFrame, but not using an iframe.

Without getting into too much detail, I'd essentially be looking to add all the stuff that sits below the main menu and above the footer into a page, with full user interaction. The admin side of things can be done via the main standalone Piwigo dashboard.

If there is a developer out there who A. Thinks this is possible, and B. Have the time to commit to such a project, please get in touch.

I am of course looking to pay for this, I'm not expecting someone to do this for free!

#2 2021-05-12 18:40:25

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Re: Seeking a developer to embed Piwigo gallery into website

Hello Steve (?)

I did look for a while for such a solution with no success.

However I did "integrate" piwigo with a blog as you may contemplate here : https://photos.deheme.com

The piwigo menu exhibit "blog" which links to the blog part. From the blog I have access to some of the albums in the galery. User's credentials are completely separated.

If you succeed to elaborate a better solution tell me (us)!

You may also look into https://www.neilfitzgeraldphoto.co.nz/gallery/ which has a simular solution (better integrated in my opinion).

Regards
DéHème
Sorry for my FrenGlish!

#3 2021-05-13 09:21:43

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Re: Seeking a developer to embed Piwigo gallery into website

I think it can be done if you have php knowledge. You develop a new theme. In header and footer you include php files used by the website.
Supposed the website you want to include is like that :

Code:

<?php
include "header.php";

include "main_content_depending_on_page.php";

include "footer.php";

To manage Piwigo, you can do almsot the same reusing header.php and footer.php. Of course it depends of the way your main website is done.

•  » Extensions
  •  » Seeking a developer to embed Piwigo gallery into website

Board footer