Announcement

#1 2021-09-23 07:30:56

dd-b
Minneapolis, MN USA
2018-04-16

Photos size, photos not showing.

I'm having trouble with photos not showing when I click on them. The thumbnails seems to be fine, and when I click on a thumbnail I get the photo page, with metadata at the right, and thumbnails of next and previous photos. But *mostly* I don't get the photo. 

With moderate examination I *think* what may be happening is that vertical photos show, but horizontal photos don't. Furthermore, if I click the "photo sizes" icon and select the "medium" size the photos all show correctly (but when I go to the next photo, the size flips back to the default and I don't see it again).

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with configuration and photo sizes and theme. I'm using the Modus theme, without any custom CSS or anything.

The uploads are generally fairly large, biggest size that will fit within 1920x1080, but it varies depending on source (photos going back to the 1970s, sometimes scans that I don't have the original to improve on, up to modern photos that at home on my desktop are 20MB or so raw files; a range). If it matters, all uploads are to the gallery directory, NOT via the web.

In Configuration / Options / Photo sizes I have unclicked everything I can except  extra-large and huge, and I think I have changed the sizes to make more sense (square, thumbnail, and medium cannot be unclicked. I've set Medium to 800x600, extra-large to 1200x900, and huge to 1920x1080.

What I'd *like* to do is have people see a medium photo by default, but let them choose the size that makes sense for them. And if they choose a bigger photo than will fit their screen, then it should just come up to big and scroll.

Piwigo 11.5.0 Check for upgrade
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 7.4.20 (Show info) [2021-09-22 22:24:22]
    MySQL: 5.7.29-log [2021-09-22 22:24:22]
    Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.7-4

http://fanpa.mnstf.org/piwigo (not sure guests can see anything however)

Last edited by dd-b (2021-09-23 07:34:46)

Board footer