Announcement

#1 2021-10-04 21:42:04

kelly118
2021-10-04

Ratings not working

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have tried to activate ratings in configuration > options > general (first tab)
When trying to save my changes I get an 403 forbidden message.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Does anybody know what I can do about this? Or what is going wrong?

Thanks Kelly

#2 2021-10-04 21:55:21

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Ratings not working

Check your web server user's directory permissions, and .htaccess file(s) for Deny statements or Redirect or RewriteRule directives.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2021-10-05 04:46:03

dd-b
Minneapolis, MN USA
2018-04-16

Re: Ratings not working

I've got ratings activated (but not ratings by guests) on my most recent install. While I haven't used them, I didn't get any such error turning them on. Hang on...yeah, I can in fact set ratings, too.

I agree with the previous poster that that pattern of error messages matches some protection issues (which I just had on photo files in galleries/). In my precise case (host is Dreamhost) stuff run in and read/written by the PHP code can be readable (or writable if it's written) only by my user, but stuff served directly out of Apache (or whatever other web server) has to be world-read; so a default install doesn't set things up exactly right in that situation.  (The situation is PHP being run via FCGI, but a big central Apache install; this is likely on commercial shared hosting, much less likely on private servers.)

But...my install with default protections has working rating, and didn't crash when I turned ratings on, so perhaps that's a complete red herring.

Board footer