Announcement

#1 2023-05-22 00:17:14

zmjc1
2023-05-03

"Your browser doesn't have HTML5 support" in admin.php?page=photos_add

Something is wrong with my piwigo installation. Something has gone downhill since updating OS from Fedora 37 to Fedora 38. F38 has PHP 8.2.x by default, which broke many things, so I have installed PHP 8.0 instead (following https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-in … on-fedora/).

Anyway, I can browse my albums, but if I go to admin.php?page=photos_add, it says "Your browser doesn't have HTML5 support" and the album selector is empty. I can not add photos this way. Same in Chrome and Firefox.

I can add photos through the Discover > Upload Photos provided by the Community plugin.

Also, nothing happens when I go to the "modify information" page for a photo and click the garbage icon. That is, I can not delete a photo.

I can not select photos in the batch manager, so I can not delete that way.

I'm not sure how to debug this. Where can I log errors? Any pointers?

- Mike

#2 2023-05-22 01:14:19

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: "Your browser doesn't have HTML5 support" in admin.php?page=photos_add

Searching the forum for the error message hints at a possible cause:

You somehow ended up with a broken installation. Try to unzip the same version's (which btw? you didn't tell; the error seems to have occurred mainly with old 2.8.x/2.9.x) Piwigo archive over the existing installation, replacing all files. After that make sure the user the web server runs as has write permissions on directories and files for further updates.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2023-05-22 01:30:48

zmjc1
2023-05-03

Sorry, should have said it is the latest release (13.7.0).

I will try the re-install.

#4 2023-05-22 02:28:32

zmjc1
2023-05-03

Thanks, the re-install fixed things (after fiddling with permissions and selinux contexts).

Board footer