Announcement

#1 2024-02-21 23:33:05

theamy
2024-02-21

Just installed and getting errors related to smarty/themes

I just completed a manual install of piwigo on my site https://www.ywing.net/img/. Brand new install, no content added yet.

I uploaded the files via SFTP, ran the install page, confirmed database tables were all created. After install I clicked on the link which accesses "photos_add_direct.tpl", and got an error:

Code:

Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "file:/home/ywing/ywing.net/img/admin/themes/default/template/photos_add_direct.tpl"  on line 10 "{if "PHPWG_ROOT_PATH"|@constant|@cat:$plupload_i18n|@file_exists}" unknown modifier 'cat'

So I went back to the piwigo root (ywing.net/img/), and I tried /admin/ as well.

I can't login to or even access the admin and have been getting nothing but errors. This is the error I'm getting now, and only one thing I've tried has changed what it says (more details below).

Code:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin 'smarty_literal_compiler_param' not callable <-- thrown in /home/ywing/ywing.net/img/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 469

When I manually edit the piwigo_user_infos db table to change the "guest" row's theme away from "modus" (this was the default) to "smartpocket", I get a different error:

Code:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "file:/home/ywing/ywing.net/img/themes/smartpocket/template/menubar.tpl" on line 10 "{$the_block|replace:'dt':'h3'|replace:'<dd>':''|replace:'</dd>':''}" unknown modifier 'replace' <-- thrown in /home/ywing/ywing.net/img/themes/smartpocket/template/menubar.tpl on line 10

If I set guest's theme to "default" or "elegant", I also get the second error message.

If I go to /install.php, I get a message saying that piwigo is already installed, but no other errors.

Inside the _data folder, a templates_c folder gets created, but there is nothing inside except the default index.htm.

I have tried:
- wiping the _data folder
- changing the permissions on both the _data folder and templates_c folder to 777 (but this should not be necessary because my config files were written to disk during the install and I didn't have to chmod anything)
- reuploading all the theme-related files
- looking at the database tables and their content manually - everything looks fine

I was about to try wiping the database tables and starting the install from scratch, but not sure it'd matter. I have pretty good knowledge of PHP and MySQL, but I've never worked with Smarty templates before.

Does Piwigo & Smarty work fully on PHP 8.1? Should I be trying older versions?

Any ideas? Thanks!
-- Amy

Version: 14.2.0
Host: Dreamhost (shared hosting)
PHP version: 8.1
Piwigo URL: https://www.ywing.net/img/

Last edited by theamy (2024-02-21 23:33:43)

Board footer