Hello Piwigo beta testers,
Following our 6-month release cycle, it's now time for version 2.4.0beta1. This version is for test only, so don't install it on your live website.
Here is the list of changes compared to Piwigo 2.3:
* [Bugtracker, feature 2541, fixed] multisize : many sizes for each photo
* [Bugtracker, feature 2471, fixed] [Batch Manager] "zoom" and "edit" links on each thumbnail
* [Bugtracker, feature 2538, fixed] Make a unified messages management
* [Bugtracker, feature 2542, fixed] replace $conf['local_data_dir'] with $conf['data_location']
* [Bugtracker, feature 2466, fixed] display dimensions/filesize of the HD on photo administration screen
* [Bugtracker, bug 2474, fixed] capitalized consistently In the action list of the Batch Manager
* [Bugtracker, bug 2515, fixed] a few icons are not in CSS sprite
Multiple Size is the big new feature of Piwigo 2.4 (for now): once the "original" photo is uploaded, Piwigo generates "on the fly" several sizes for each photo. This is a first step, has a big impact and many parts of Piwigo still need to switch to this new system.
Multiple Size on the picture page: with themes "clear" and "dark", you can select which size Piwigo displays.
In the Batch Manager you can zoom on any photo without losing current selection and filter.
To manage comments, icons have been replaced by three textual links.
3) Start to beta test
Download Piwigo 2.4.0beta1
Please, try to open a new topic in the beta testing forum for each problem you may encounter.
Piwigo 2.4.0beta2 will be released in one month, with new features. See planning details on [Forum, topic 18535] Piwigo 2.4 planning.
Happy 2012 and happy 2.4 beta testing!
Multiple size is a great feature.
Is it possible to restrict the acces to the different sizes to groups or members.
That would be very helpful, because sometimes you want to show pictures to everybody in a small size but only a few should have the right to download the high-res files.