Revision 1.8.1pjm (2017-03-09)
About: Piwigo2Img is a web software used as Piwigo image to BBcode or HTML code generator. It can be used to insert Piwigo images in internet posts or comments in a very fast way.
I have created originally as a PhpBB3 mod (manual installation), which is adding a [piwigo] button in PhpBB3 message posting toolbar. That permit PhpBB3 users to insert [IMG] and [URL] bbcode in forum messages, linking to the pictures of one or multiple Piwigo galleries.
Check the documentation "\piwigo2img-readme\piwigo2img-2-install.txt" for how to install Piwigo2Img as a post button in:
-Wordpress (as plugin)
-bbPress (as plugin)
-PhpBB3 (as mod)
-SMF (as mod)
-PunBB (as mod)
-Vanilla (as mod)
Since it generates the code in it's own textarea, it also can be accessed directly http://yoursite.com/path-to-your/piwigo2img.php for standalone usage. It can be adapted very easily as posting toolbar button to other software.
Wordpress installation and usage: https://youtu.be/kt94Jv4D248
PhpBB3 installation and usage: https://youtu.be/WLVSovDE6x4
Lightbox2 installation and usage (for Wordpress): https://youtu.be/nExty2_7bl8
Standalone usage (for Wordpress): https://youtu.be/T9ya2bC5Dx0
Changes: Major revision with many changes. See detailed changelog in "\piwigo2img-readme\piwigo2img-3-develop.txt"
Revision v0.0.13 (2017-03-07)
About: Piwigo Remote Sync is an uploader for the Piwigo photo gallery software. This tool is able to upload a whole folder hierarchy. If you run it again, only new folder/photos will be uploaded.
Changes: * new trust ssl strategy (issue #1)
* new exception for site redirection error
* begin support for piwigo version 2.8.x (issue #3)
Revision 2.10 (2017-01-16)
About: Share / Send your photos directly from your Mac Os X : 10.10 to Piwigo
* Multisites Piwigo
* Tree view of the albums in your gallery Piwigo
* Creation of new albums
* Image Resizing, Add Tags,
* MacOS X 10.10 minimum (Yosemite)
Changes: - Some improvements and corrections.
Revision 1.1 (2016-07-01)
About: Picture2Piwigo resume outline its precursor (from Picasa2Piwigo of KenL, thanks to him), while improving it with new features. Through reading the Picasa database, it's possible to upload almost all available information. In return, the application must read each time you start Picasa database (under 15s to read anyway).
Works in 3 ways:
- Directly from Picasa (by creating a button to upload album)
- Calling Picasa albums (allows upload multiple albums in a row without open Picasa)
- In free mode (upload any folder containing pictures)
- No more 120 pictures limitation from Picasa
- Management duplicates in Piwigo (no upload if the picture already exists)
- Reading data XMP / IPTC (with ExifTool.exe command line utility)
- Management facetags Picasa (XMP or database)
- Automatic permission system based on keywords / facetag (if a keyword/facetag is present, it grants access to users/groups)
- Added pictures per chunk (avoids PHP timeout errors)
- Pause/Resume upload
- Add support of virtual/people albums
Hoping it brings you satisfaction.
Changes: - Correct some bug on database reading
- Add support of virtual and people album
- Support of picasa.ini files (for virtual album)
- Add more verboses during process
- Several UI improvement
- English conversion improvement
- Drastic reduction size of installation
Huge thanks to Sridhar for his patience, ideas and testing.
Revision 1.00.10 (2016-05-15)
About: Media Pump - A tool for preparing media files (images, videos) and uploading to a Piwigo server.
* Re-size images to a smaller size and upload the re-sized images to a selected
album on a Piwigo server.
* Convert video to MP4 and upload the MP4 videos to a selected album on a Piwigo server.
* Create / Edit albums.
* Easily add titles (captions) and tags to images and/or videos.
* Indicate an image or video to become the album highlight after it has been uploaded.
* After loading a mixed number of images and/or videos into Media Pump, mark those to be uploaded into the selected album. Remaining unmarked images and/or videos can be uploaded to different album.
* All images supported by Image Magick "convert" can be re-sized.
* All video formats that can be converted to MP4 using ffmpeg can be converted.
* Images not having EXIF metadata containing orientation information can be manually rotated.
* Copy/Paste. In a file browser, navigate to folder containing images and/or videos, copy to system clipboard and paste into Media Pump.
* Image and video conversion commands in which Media Pump invokes are defined in a external XML file that can be tweaked to achieve desired results i.e. Image conversion size, video conversion size, watermarking, conversion quality.
* Download items from an album to a directory on the file system; supports recursion of all sub-albums.
* See README.html or README.md in media-pump.zip for more information regarding features.
1. Ensure Java Runtime Environment 1.7 or a later version has been installed. The "java" executeable must reside in the system path. To verify, execute the following in a CMD shell which will display the version of Java installed. If an error occurs, then java is not in the system path.
2. Ensure Image Magick software suite is installed.
3. Extract media-pump.zip to an empty directory i.e. "C:\media-pump"
4. Execute the script "create-shortcut.bat" to create a Desktop Shortcut.
5. Execute the Desktop Shortcut "Media Pump". Or execute the following command in a CMD shell:
1. Ensure Java Runtime Environment 1.7 or later version has been installed.
2. Ensure Image Magick software suite is installed.
3. Extract media-pump.zip to an empty directory i.e. "/opt/media-pump"
4. Execute the following commands in terminal:
chmod 755 /opt/media-pump/create-shortcut.sh
chmod 755 /opt/media-pump/media-pump.sh
5. Execute the Desktop Shortcut "Media Pump". Or execute the following command in a terminal:
Mac OS X Installation:
Instructions will be provided soon once I get a Mac OS VM setup to test.
- Java 1.7 and later
- Image Magick
Video: The following two requirements are needed to support converting/uploading video.
- FFMpeg installed on client.
- piwigo-videojs plugin installed on Piwigo server.
Changes: * Added the ability to easily add tags to images and videos prior to uploading to server.
* Specify maximum width and height of image size under preferences or indicate to upload full size image rather that converting image to smaller size.
* French language support.
* Provide better information when an image or video fails to convert or upload; a "View Details" button will be displayed in the table to display conversion logs and errors.
* Provided more documentation information in a README.md / README.html file.
* Other minor bug fixes.