Revision 1.5.17 (2017-07-12)
About: A feature-rich and mobile-ready theme based on Phil Bayfield's Bootstrap Default.
[*] Various color styles and sub-themes
[**] Bootswatch support
[**] Material Design included
[*] A custom dark color scheme based on Lightroom® colors (the default)
[*] Full screen slideshow view using PhotoSwipe
[**] Supports auto play
[**] Supports HTML5 video
[**] Album thumbnails can be linked to PhotoSwipe directly (like smartpocket)
[*] Configurable carousel album navigation on the picture page using slick slider
[*] Video support on both the picture page and inside the slideshow, using native HTML 5 video widget
[*] 100% mobile ready
[**] fully responsive Navbars, Carousel, PhotoSwipe slideshow, video content
[**] async/ondemand loading of carousel & PhotoSwipe content, adaptive image size selection, swipe & tap events
[*] Various configuration options
* PHP >= 5.3
* Bootstrap Default installed (but it does not have to be activated)
Recommended plugins for best mobile experience:
* GThumb+ or gdThumb (for best "available screen space usage")
* RV Thumbnail Scroller (to keep initial page load size small and allow for easy "swipe through")
Changes: - Fix a bug in slick carousel failing to load images in some circumstances
- Improve replacement of the home link in breadcrumbs by using CSS
- Update jquery-touch-events
- Fix some more HTML errors caused by smarty stripping
- Fix navmenu top offset calculation on index.php (missing a button)
- Language updates, thanks to the Piwigo translation team
Revision 0.6 (2017-05-31)
About: Versa is a responsive dark theme for modern browsers that maximises the visualization of photographs. The picture page adapts to the browser window and the photograph is displayed using the largest available space. Therefore, this theme works in both mobile and desktop and allows to easily browse the gallery with fullscreen pictures by rotating the screen or resizing the window.
- In landscape mode (or wide windows) the photograph fills the screen. The information and comments of the photograph are accessible by scrolling the page.
- In portrait mode (or tall windows) the top part of the screen shows the full image and the bottom part its information and comments.
In either mode and on both desktop and mobile, it is possible to navigate the gallery by a single swipe gesture, dragging the image with the mouse or clicking/taping the sides of the image. Slideshows adapt to the medium in a similar way, but switch the navigation to their corresponding controls.
Thumbnails on the index and albums pages are scaled to fit the browser window as well. To ensure the quality of the images shown, the pictures and thumbnails are downscaled only, never upscaled.
- Dark low-contrast theme
- Responsive design for mobile and desktop platforms
- Photographs can be browsed fullscreen in landscape mode
- Support of tactile gestures and mouse events to browse the gallery
- Thumbnails are scaled depending on the screen/window size
- Scalable graphics thanks to Font Awesome (http://fontawesome.io)
- Friendly to existing plugins and languages as it is based on the default theme
- It is recommended to install the plugin Auto Oversize with this theme. It will automatically set the smallest picture size needed to browse the gallery fullscreen. Alternatively, you can set the default picture size manually, but be aware that with Versa this parameter only defines the maximum size of the image as they are dynamically downscaled to fit the browser window.
- Set the size of the thumbnails to be between 1.5x and 2.0x larger than the desired size. For instance, 400x400 will result in thumbnails around 300x300 in size (varying between 200 and 400 px). This is needed for the dynamic scaling of the thumbnails.
*Beta status* This theme was developed originally for my personal site. Even though I think it is now in a sufficiently mature state to be shared, be warned that I do not have the resources to test all possible configurations. Therefore, bugs may appear on other ends.
- Tested browsers: Firefox on Linux, Firefox on Android, Chrome on Android, Safari on iOS.
- Tested compatible plugins: Batch Downloader, Community, Exif View, PWG Stuffs, Simple Copyright, GThumb+.
Changes: Moved to Piwigo SVN repository
Fixed "New" icon for new and updated albums
Fixed "Download" button of BatchDownload plugin
Fixed switching on/off the EXIF metadata
Photo info in slideshows has been lighten up
Revision 1.0.7 (2017-05-06)
About: A modern and responsive theme for Piwigo built with standard Bootstrap components and using the default Bootstrap theme.
Intended for easy customisation using Bootstrap styles or as a parent theme for creating responsive themes for Piwigo...
* Fully responsive and fully featured theme based on Bootstrap's default theme
* Browse albums as a grid or list with selectable thumbnail sizes
* Image size selection enabled for better viewing of images and slide show on higher resolution monitors, with responsive scaling of over sized images
* Slide in side bar with image information
* Share buttons for Twitter, Facebook and Google+
* Gravatar support for comment avatars
* HTML5 canvas and masonry style tag views
* Configuration page in admin to customise features such as Bootstrap theme, social integration and comments
* Works with all supported languages (admin page is currently English only)
Requires PHP 5.3+
Changes: Fixes a versioning issue with 1.0.6
Revision 2.9.a (2017-04-24)
About: - responsive layout, retina aware
- comes with several color flavors (including clear and dark colors)
- horizontal menu (becomes vertical on mobile devices and small screens)
- thumbnails full row layout (no space lost, à la plugin GThumb, retina aware)
Incompatible with the following plugins: GThumb, AutomaticSize
Changes: compatibility with piwigo 2.9
Revision 3.2.5 (2016-03-02)
About: This theme is a complete redesign of the 'Simple Grey' theme, taking advantage of the new features of the web:
- Switch to HTML5
- Responsive design
- Based on Bootstrap
- Use Open Sans font
Changes: * compatibility with formats for Piwigo 2.8
* compatibility with new search form and search options of Piwigo 2.8